Toronto, ON, Canada
About the Company:
Jay Dee is an internationally recognized construction firm. Since 1965, we have built a reputation for quality and safety while building a strong culture of performance and integrity. With expertise in the successful completion of challenging heavy civil projects, Jay Dee continues to seek specialty projects of various sizes, scopes, and complexity to add to its impressive portfolio. Jay Dee is looking to add an Accounts Payable/Administrative Assistant to provide on-site support, to the Coxwell Bypass Tunnel Project in Toronto, ON.
The Accounts Payable/Administrative Assistant reports to the Senior Accountant/Office Manager and is responsible for providing accounts payable and administrative support to a busy construction project team while working on-site. The Accounts Payable/Administrative Assistant will be a team player with a positive attitude and possess the desire to learn new things in a fast-paced environment.
The position holds a wide variety of responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Support all administrative needs of the Project Manager and project team including: scheduling and setting up for meetings, ordering lunches, processing incoming and outgoing mail and courier pickups and deliveries, assisting with correspondence, making copies, scanning documents, maintaining office supplies, and managing distribution.
- Review invoices for accuracy, code and process for payment, maintain tracking spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel to track reoccurring invoices, and send to AP Administrator timely for payment.
- Process subcontractor pay estimates and maintain a tracking spreadsheet.
- Assist with tracking and recording payroll records; perform transactional data entry with a high degree of accuracy.
- Write, proofread and distribute/mail correspondence, reports and letters as requested.
- Maintain project filing system (assist, monitor, and enforce usage).
- Maintain project and emergency phone lists.
- Answer phones, including screening of calls, handling routine items, and taking/relaying messages; Greet and direct all visitors.
- All other accounting/office duties as assigned
Why Work for Jay Dee Canada:
This is an ideal position for an individual that enjoys a fast-paced and dynamic environment and who wants to work Monday through Friday while gaining exposure to an exciting construction project. The Company offers a team-based work environment with ample opportunity to grow and take on additional responsibilities while maintaining a great work/life balance.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Experience working in the construction industry is strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years of related accounts payable and administrative experience in a business office setting is required.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office is required, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and can take direction and run with it.
- Positive attitude with the desire to learn new things.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities. Flexible and responsive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, and organizational skills.
Compensation, Benefits and Structure:
This is a full-time position with a competitive hourly rate that is dependent on skills and experience. The Company offers a generous and complete benefits package. In addition, the Company is focused on continued career development and training, and a team-based work environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk and is occasionally required to balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this classification. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
Jay Dee Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.