Toronto, ON, Canada
North Tunnel Constructors ULC is a joint venture of three leaders in Heavy Underground Construction, who are constructing the Coxwell Bypass Tunnel in Toronto, Ontario. This tunnel consists of 10,340 Lineal Meters (33,924 L.F.) of 6.3 Meter (20.67 FT) ID tunnel, Shafts, Drop/Vent Shafts, Diversion Structures, Connecting Tunnels and Adits, and Consolidation Sewers.
JOB SUMMARY: The Concrete Superintendent is responsible for project concrete field operations in order to achieve timely and profitable completion of the project. The Concrete Superintendent directly supervises concrete operation field labor force, including laborers/craft workers. This position must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational, and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meets with site staff and foremen daily to plan production, review schedules, materials, manpower needs, pre-and-post pour checklists, and safety requirements.
- Review and understand material budgets and negotiate purchase orders.
- Assist in development of detailed CPM Schedule and 6 week look ahead schedule.
- Monitor project costs and identify areas for improvement.
- Develop and manage site logistics plan for concrete work.
- Document daily construction activities.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients, including representatives of the Owner.
- Attend and actively participate in project meetings, including subcontractor meetings.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Minimum 5-10 years related experience in building cast-in-place shaft and tunnel structures.
- Previous experience directing and coordinating Self Perform Concrete work.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications and understand terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts, and Purchase Orders.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Strong math/accounting skills.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships and work collaboratively with Project Team, Owner, and Subcontractors.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk and is occasionally required to balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this classification. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
Jay Dee Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.