Livonia, MI, United States
Jay Dee Contractors, Inc. is looking for a skilled multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. The Part-Time Administrative Assistant provides accounting and administrative support to the Accounting Department. To be successful in this role, candidates should be professional and attentive, while also being accurate. Candidates must also be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. This is a part-time, temporary position, 20 hours per week, ending August 31st, 2021. The rate of pay is $16 / hour.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Filing – reports for each project, job cost posting reports, invoice posting reports, AP invoices, credit applications, W-9’s, and wire transfers.
- Data entry of Accounts Payable invoices.
- Data entry in Microsoft Excel for American Express and Home Depot expense allocations.
- Assemble checks with backup for review and signature and mail, once they are copied and signed.
- Record friend of the court checks and union trade filing.
- Assist AP Administrator with company apartment administration.
- Greet and direct all visitors.
- Assist with other office administrative tasks including, but not limited to: data entry including use tax and expense report allocations, inventorying, ordering and stocking of office supplies, ordering business cards, ordering and organizing lunches, setting up for meetings, answering the front door, preparing FedEx labels for shipment, sorting and distributing the mail, accepting FedEx/UPS packages and notifying intended recipient of package arrivals.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are required.
- Must be a team player with a positive, professional, “can do” attitude.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities. Flexible and responsive.
- Two years of applicable accounting or administrative work experience is preferred; construction industry experience is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk and is occasionally required to balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The Recruiting process is designed to ensure the right fit for both the Company and the candidate. The process will include a phone interview and in-person interview, a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Jay Dee Contractors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, or age. Jay Dee Contractors, Inc. is an at will employer. EOE/AA Employer D/V/M/F.