Cleveland, OH, United States
Jay Dee Contractors, Inc. is a leader in Heavy Underground Construction. We have been pushing the boundaries of innovation since 1965. Our team of skilled employees, paired with an extensive inventory of equipment has allowed us to build a project portfolio that varies in size, scope and level of complexity. To date, the Jay Dee team has completed over 100 miles of safe and effective underground spaces and tunnels in a variety of ground conditions, including soft ground and hard rock. With expertise in the successful completion of challenging heavy civil projects, Jay Dee continues to seek specialty projects of various sizes, scopes and complexity to add to its impressive portfolio. Jay Dee is looking to add an Administrative Assistant to provide on-site support to our busy construction team in Cleveland, Ohio.
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Project Manager and is responsible for providing administrative support to a busy construction project team while working on-site. The Administrative Assistant will be a team player with a positive attitude and possess the desire to learn new things in a fast-paced environment.
The position holds a wide variety of responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Support all administrative needs of the Project Manager and project team
- Maintain project filing system, as well as monitor and enforce proper usage
- Schedule, plan and prepare for project meetings
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and courier pickups and deliveries
- Make copies, scan documents, maintain office supplies, and manage distribution
- Answer phones, screen calls, and take/relay messages
- Greet and direct all visitors
- Assist with tracking and recording payroll records; perform transactional data entry with a high degree of accuracy
- Review invoices for accuracy, code for payment, and send to AP Administrator timely for payment
- All other duties as assigned
Why Work for Jay Dee Contractors:
This is an ideal position for an individual that enjoys a fast-paced and dynamic environment and who wants to work Monday through Friday while gaining exposure to an exciting construction project. The Company offers a team-based work environment with ample opportunity to grow and take on additional responsibilities while maintaining a great work/life balance.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years of related administrative experience in an office setting; construction experience strongly preferred
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office is required, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage tight deadlines
Compensation, Benefits and Structure:
This is a full-time position with a competitive hourly rate that is dependent on skills and experience. The Company offers a generous and complete benefits package. In addition, the Company is focused on continued career development and training, and a team-based work environment.
The Recruitment Process:
The Recruiting process is designed to ensure the right fit for both the Company and the candidate. The process will include a combination of phone interviews and in-person interviews, candidate assessments, a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Jay Dee Contractors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, or age. Jay Dee Contractors, Inc. is an at will employer. EOE/AA Employer D/V/M/F.