Livonia, MI, United States
This position reports directly to the Controller and will be responsible for ensuring the accurate accounting and reporting of the financial figures of the Company, including joint ventures. This position will be a key contributor to the accounting team and will provide opportunities for career growth within the Company. Critical for success is the ability to efficiently execute the financial accounting and reporting processes of the Company.
Principal Functional Responsibilities
- Play a key role in executing the month-end closing process and reporting, financial analysis, job costing, budgeting, and forecasting
- Work directly with the Operations group (Project Managers, Estimators) to develop and report on KPI’s
- Account reconciliation compilation, maintain tax and audit schedules, and ensure audit and regulatory compliance
- Prepare various management reports using the COINS Accounting Software, Microsoft Excel, and Crystal Reports
- Work Directly with the Controller and CFO on projects as needed
- Research technical accounting for all Jay Dee owned entities. Work closely with the Controller and Project Management on all corporate accounting and financial reporting matters.
- Develop, implement and maintain “best in class” support to deliver high and consistent service levels to internal and external customers.
- Identify and leverage finance and accounting best practices across the organization to control and reduce costs and standardize reporting. Maintain the accuracy and integrity of corporate financials.
- Research, develop and implement internal controls.
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; and minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting experience; construction industry experience is required
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Demonstrated experience of performing functions efficiently and accurately with minimal direct supervision
- A strong desire for a continuous learning environment
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with other members of the accounting team and other employees throughout the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others to follow Company Accounting policies and procedures.
- Strong critical thinking, decision making/problem solving skills.
- Experience using the Microsoft Suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook) is required. Should be an advanced Excel user (pivot tables, vlookups / index_match, sumifs, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Other skills that would make you stand out as a candidate:
- Experience with COINS and Crystal Report writing
- Exposure / use of robotic process automation (RPA)
- Experience implementing a new software financial package is a strong plus
Physical Demands And Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk and is occasionally required to balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this classification. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
Jay Dee Contractors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, or age. Jay Dee Contractors, Inc. is an at will employer. EOE/AA Employer D/V/M/F.