Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Exciting TBM Operator position with Jay Dee Canada/North Tunnel Constructors ‐ Coxwell Bypass Tunnel Project in Toronto, Ontario.
North Tunnel Constructors is a joint venture of three leaders in Heavy Underground Construction, who are constructing the Coxwell Bypass Tunnel in Toronto, Ontario. This tunnel consists of 10,340 Lineal Meters (33,924 L.F.) of 6.3 Meter (20.67 FT) ID tunnel, Shafts, Drop/Vent Shafts, Diversion Structures, Connecting Tunnels and Adits, and Consolidation Sewers. Projected construction duration is 5 years.
If you’re a skilled Tunnel Boring Machine Operator who wants to work for a company that appreciates your knowledge and skills, we have a place for you.
The benefits of joining our team
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Team based environment where you can make a difference
- Grow your career with one of the most sophisticated projects in province of Ontario
As a Tunnel Boring Machine Operator, you’ll be responsible for
- Operating a dual mode (hard rock/EPB) TBM within varying ground conditions.
- Reviewing hydraulic and pneumatic schematics to test, identify, diagnose and repair issues with mechanical systems, subsystems, and components.
- Managing project documentation, drawings, tunnel alignment profiles, and different soil properties.
- Maintaining and producing operational reports and daily activity logs.
- Promoting a safety culture.
- Training and mentoring other team members
- Operating specialized construction equipment and vehicles, safely and productively.
You’ll Need to Have
- High School Diploma
- Valid CDL License.
- TBM operator shall have constructed at least one tunnel greater than 1,000 meters in length of subway size TBM by using precast segmental lining.
- Knowledge and operational experience with programmable logic controller (PLC) systems.
- Knowledge of TBM guidance systems and accompanying pre-cast segment orientations and build sequencing.
- Knowledge of TBM conditioning methods.
- Specialist in the operation of electro-mechanical and mechanical equipment as it relates to TBM’s.
- Ability to use surveying equipment, interpret plans and properly complete calculations for grade and alignment is preferred.
North Tunnel Constructors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.