Toronto, ON, Canada
Exciting Tunnel Shift Supervisor with Jay Dee Canada on the North Tunnel Constructors – Coxwell Bypass Tunnel Project in Toronto, Ontario.
North Tunnel Constructors is a joint venture of three leaders in Heavy Underground Construction, who are constructing the Coxwell Bypass Tunnel in Toronto, Ontario. This tunnel consists of 10,340 Lineal Meters (33,924 L.F.) of 6.3 Meter (20.67 FT) ID tunnel, Shafts, Drop/Vent Shafts, Diversion Structures, Connecting Tunnels and Adits, and Consolidation Sewers. Projected construction duration is 5 years.
The Tunnel Shift Supervisor will be responsible for managing the TBM tunneling operations crew on the Coxwell Bypass Tunnel Project for the swing shift (3:00PM-1:00AM) and will report to the Tunnel Superintendent. The Tunnel Shift Supervisor must be a flexible and adaptable team-player with the ability to manage the crew, work onsite, in the tunnel, and be able to communicate and report progress of the work to the Tunnel Superintendent.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work and communicate with the Tunnel Superintendent and TBM and surface crew closely to manage the day-to day operations of the tunneling shift including TBM, surface plant and conveyor system smoothly.
- Willingness to work in swing shift- 3:00PM-1:00AM
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in TBM tunneling and working with conveyor systems is required.
- Proven track record in maintaining and enforcing Safety rules. Safety certifications (as a minimum, Competent Supervisor Certificate) is required
- High school diploma or above is required.
- Ability to walk long distances and climb stairs is required.
- Ability to provide hand-written detail reports, sending emails, working with Excel spreadsheets, reading drawings, etc.
- Ability to work outside and in the tunnel in all weather conditions and in enclosed space environments.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships in a cross functional team environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
Jay Dee Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.